Northwestern Athletics asks you to Rise.
Now more than ever, your loyal support is incredibly impactful toward our mission to build and sustain Northwestern Athletics as the preeminent, holistic intercollegiate student-athlete experience while continuing to strive for competitive success.
Your passion and pride for Northwestern Athletics can help us emerge stronger than ever before and rise above the challenges of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
To qualify for Rise Northwestern:
- Renew your Wildcat Fund gift from last year and make an additional contribution to the Athletics COVID-19 Assistance Fund.
- If you did not make a gift last year*, make a gift to the Wildcat Excellence Fund.
*Northwestern's fiscal year runs from September 1 through August 31.
How do I Rise?
Rise by increasing your investment in our student-athletes.
Rise by making a gift to help us emerge stronger and better than ever.
Rise by encouraging your classmates, teammates, and friends to engage and make a gift.
If you gave to the Wildcat Fund* last year, thank you for investing in the student-athlete experience. We invite you to renew your gift and increase your investment by making an additional gift to the Athletics COVID-19 Assistance Fund.
If you are a new or lapsed donor, please help us provide a world class student-athlete experience by making a gift to the Wildcat Excellence Fund.
*The Wildcat Fund includes the Wildcat Excellence Fund, Vice President's Fund, and 19 varsity programs.
Athletics COVID-19 Assistance Fund
- The pandemic has challenged the financial stability of Northwestern Athletics due to significantly reduced revenues and the increased cost of ensuring our student-athletes are safe and healthy.
- This fund will support the unexpected costs of scholarships, nutrition, and travel, as well as provide funding for other unforeseen COVID-19 financial implications.
When you Rise
You are supporting our more than 500 student-athletes.
You receive special recognition for being part of Rise Northwestern.
You gain access to a digital content package to showcase your pride.
You are a member of the Wildcat Fund with a gift of $100 or more.
What is Rise Northwestern?
Rise Northwestern is a call to action to increase philanthropic support for Northwestern Athletics.
Why is it called Rise Northwestern?
The initiative was inspired by the historic game-day song, Push On.
Is Rise Northwestern a new fund?
No. Rise Northwestern is a call to action to increase philanthropic support for NU Athletics and our student-athletes through new gifts to the Wildcat Excellence Fund or increased gifts to the Athletics COVID-19 Assistance Fund.
Who do I talk with if I have questions?
Is my gift tax deductible?
- Yes! Gifts made to the Wildcat Excellence Fund or the Athletics COVID-19 Assistance Fund are tax deductible.
- Northwestern University is a 501(c)(3) non-profit. To maximize the tax deductible portion of your gift, you may decline to receive any benefits when you make your gift to Northwestern. If you choose to accept your benefits, we are required to inform you your charitable contribution will be reduced by the value of those benefits.
- Please consult your tax advisor for further clarification.