The Otto Graham Society serves as the leadership multi-year fundraising program to support Northwestern Athletics. This program is philanthropic in nature, and its members are invested in the continued enhancement of Wildcats Athletics. These contributions are critical to the continued growth of Northwestern Athletics’ nationally competitive program by providing additional resources to deliver a world-class experience academically, socially and athletically for all Wildcats student-athletes.
Each member of the Otto Graham Society pledges to contribute his/her support for a five-year period to Northwestern Athletics.
- The Otto Graham Society begins with an annual gift of $25,000 and offers a second tier of giving at $50,000.
- 50% of the contribution will be allocated to the Wildcat Excellence Fund while the remaining 50% may be designated to the athletic area(s) of your greatest interest (i.e. football, lacrosse, VP’s Fund, etc.).
The impact of the Otto Graham Society will be felt by generations of NU student-athletes and will impact every coach and program for years to come. OGS members have committed more than $10 million over the lengths of their memberships.
Potential Impact of Otto Graham Society Members
|Donor Commitment||Target Donor Goal||Impact on Northwestern Athletics|
over 5 years
over 5 years
|TOTAL GOAL||100 donors||$3,250,000
over 5 years
$125,000 total commitment $25,000 per year
- Recognition on Otto Graham Society Leadership Plaque in N-Club Room in Welsh-Ryan Arena
- Invitation to Annual Reception with Vice President for Athletics and Recreation, Head Coaches, and select student-athletes
- Recognition in the lobby of the new Lakefront Athletics & Recreation Complex
$250,000 total commitment $50,000 per year
- All opportunities listed in previous column
- Opportunity to foster a relationship with a specific student-athlete through the student-athlete partnership program
- Member of the Wildcat Leadership Council
About Otto Graham
The Otto Graham Society serves as the catalyst for leadership annual giving to support Northwestern student-athletes in their pursuit of a world-class experience.
- In 1965, Otto was inducted into the Professional Football Hall of Fame, his first year of eligibility.
- In 1994, Otto was selected along with QB’s Sammy Baugh, Johnny Unitas and Joe Montana to the NFL’s 75th anniversary all-time team.
- In 2004, NU unveiled ‘The Otto Graham Honor Roll’ at Ryan Field, highlighting Wildcat legends on the stadium’s facade.
- In 2010, the Cleveland Browns unveiled a franchise ‘Ring of Honor’ on the stadium facade with Otto and Paul Brown’s names overlooking midfield.
- In 2010, the Big Ten Network named Otto number 14 on their list of 75 ‘Big Ten Icons’
- In 2011, Otto was named number 16 in a NFL Films production of the top 100 NFL football players of all time.
- In 2011, the Big Ten Conference renamed it's Offensive Player of the Year Trophy the ‘Graham-George Trophy,’ after Otto and Ohio State’s Eddie George.